Friday, November 6, 2009

Blog #7!!!

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/cgi-shl/quiz.pl/pronouns_add2.htm
This website would be a great tool to use in a lesson about the use of pronouns. It has 20 questions that give students practice with pronouns. Once students have finished the questions and click "Submit Application," they receive immediate feedback that lets them know which questions they answered correctly and which they did not. This feedback includes graphics which make the site a little more interesting, and the smiling suns are encouraging. :)

As an elementary teacher, I know that I will use Excel very much. I think that the purpose I will use it for the most is figuring out my student's grades. This process can get very complicated and time-consuming if students each have a lot of different graded assignments, so Excel is a perfect tool to make this process simpler. In addition, I know that I will be able to use Excel to teach my students different subjects. For example, if my students were learning about area and perimeter, Excel would be very useful in teaching them these calculations. Excel can also be applied to science lessons; for example, it could be used to explain how batteries work.

Mrs. Hull used Excel spreadsheets creatively and effectively in her fifth-grade class. Because her students used spreadsheets in their bean plant experiments, Mrs. Hull was able to stress to them the importance of accuracy in experimentation. She was also able to avoid the problems that Ms. Clayton, who didn't use spreadsheets in her classroom, ran into. Finally, using spreadsheets lead her to initiate a discussion about ethics in experimentation with her students.

2 comments:

  1. I agree on using excel as a grade book type device.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool site! I know as a student I love to have helpful ways to learn material.

    ReplyDelete